Pharyngula had an odd idea for another of those blog memes, and this is very much an experiment. It may be too complex to last long, but he just want to toss it out and see if anything interesting happens; it’s one where the answers may be interesting in one way, but the structure of the questions might be interesting in another way. Here are the instructions:
The Pharyngula mutating genre meme
There are a set of questions below that are all of the form, “The best [subgenre] in [genre] is…”. Copy the questions, and before answering them, you may modify them in a limited way, carrying out no more than two of these operations:
- You can leave them exactly as is.
- You can delete any one question.
- You can mutate either the genre, medium, or subgenre of any one question. For instance, you could change “The best time travel novel in SF/Fantasy is…” to “The best time travel novel in Westerns is…”, or “The best time travel movie in SF/Fantasy is&hellip”, or “The best romance novel in SF/Fantasy is&hellip”.
- You can add a completely new question of your choice to the end of the list, as long as it is still in the form “The best [subgenre] in [genre] is…”.
You must have at least one question in your set, or you’ve gone extinct, and you must be able to answer it yourself, or you’re not viable.
Then answer your possibly mutant set of questions. Please do include a link back to the blog you got them from, to simplify tracing the ancestry, and include these instructions.
Finally, pass it along to any number of your fellow bloggers. Remember, though, your success as a Darwinian replicator is going to be measured by the propagation of your variants, which is going to be a function of both the interest your well-honed questions generate and the number of successful attempts at reproducing them.
Here are my starting propagators. Since I’m the one starting this whole shebang, my source site is nowhere but me, and I should be the only one to answer NONE…unless someone throws out my questions altogether and starts a competing meme, which would be rather interesting.
My parent is: Doc Thelma1. The best time travel TV show in SF/Fantasy is…Quantum Leap.
2. The best romantic movie in comedy is…
Bringing Up Baby.
3. The best breakup song in rock is…
Even Now, by Barry Manilow.
4. The best political campaign song in folk is…
Charlie on the MTA, as recorded by The Kingston Trio.
I shall attempt to disseminate my seed of a meme to:
Willowgreen (come out come out wherever you are)
I’d also like to tag the augustmoms — but they should likely use DocThelma as a parent, since she was the first of us to do this.
Anyone else who wants to accept my meme can also join in the game. I’d like to have lots of kids and grandkids.