Today I’m grateful for
Whodathunkit. 11 years ago a lot of women were pregnant. Many of them had due dates in August, and we found each other on the Internet. Whodathunkit then that a group of us would form strong long lasting friendships. It’s amazing. In this group different people bring different things to the table, and Alto2 brings a lot.
- She has a gift for words. Now, personally I have some of that Irish “gift of gab” and can chatter and make small talk in person. But Alto2 has a gift of the written word (which is something I can’t master, no matter how much I use the Little Brown Handbook or Strunk & White’s) .
- Alto2 is “up” on etiquette. Again, one of the things I have not mastered. I think I get on pretty well in life anyway :} but there are times you need to know the “proper” way to do things, and it’s wonderful to have a resource (that doesn’t involve a lot of googling – just a quick email).
- Unlike myself (I can’t seem to get this stuff by osmosis) Alto2 has, in fact, managed to learn a thing or two about wine, and when we have our annual reunion dinner, you can count on her picking something fabulous that we can share.
- Generally, she has a lot of knowledge, and a lot of resources, and if she considers you a friend she will share endlessly. (But if you read her blog, you’ll realize that you really don’t want to be on her bad side — she shared the other day about how she felt about her OBs partner).
- She doesn’t hold back on ideas. She gave a great idea on our attempt to sell our business. Like DUH I never thunk. I guess that’s why I have friends.
- The self proclaimed “Queen of Tarts” is a good cook (obviously if someone can feed me, they earn my gratitude). When our group went to Florida she put on quite the spread for all of us.
- She has a website called The Need to Feed where she posts recipes. A while back she had a request (from some mom that rambles about minivans) for more crock pot recipes. Last night my family was lovingly fed Chicken Cacciatore which was downright YUMMY (after the prep time).
So, I guess looking at the bottom line, if you feed me I’ll love you. I now tag anyone willing to accept to post some more crock pot recipes. I’m hoping that Cooking is Love steps up — she’s good some great food ideas.